A Research Center on Nanomaterials and Energy
Site : Advanced characterizations component (Room PK-2375)Contact : Gwenaël Chamoulaud.
|FT-Raman Spectrometer (FT-Raman)|
Instrument description :Raman spectroscopy offers some major advantages in comparison with other analytical techniques.Raman is a light scattering technique, so all that is required for the collection of a spectrum is to place the sample into the excitation beam and collect the scattered light. There are few concerns with sample thickness and little interference from the ambient atmosphere, so there is no need for high-vacuum or desiccated sample holders. Glass, water and plastic packaging have weak Raman spectra, making the technique even easier to use. Samples usually can be analyzed directly inside a glass bottle or plastic bag without having to open the package and risk contamination. Aqueous samples are readily analyzed without having to remove water, and because there is no interference from ambient humidity, there is no need to purge the instrument.
No two molecules give exactly the same Raman spectrum, and the intensity of the scattered light is proportional to the amount of material present. Thus Raman provides both qualitative and quantitative information about the sample, allowing for spectral interpretation, library searching, data manipulation and the application of chemometric methods.
Raman spectroscopy is non-destructive. There is no need to dissolve solids, press pellets, compress the sample or otherwise alter its physical or chemical structure. This makes Raman spectroscopy ideal for investigating physical properties such as crystallinity, phase transitions and polymorphs. The lack of sample preparation also minimizes cleanup and the possibility of cross-contamination.Equipment Model : Thermo Scientific, Nicolet 6700 / NXR FT-Raman ModuleFT-Raman Spectrometer (FT-Raman), Thermo Scientific, Nicolet 6700 / NXR FT-Raman Module
Service fees :
|Device price setting|
|Academic rates||Industrial rates|
- Add 25$/h to fees is manipulation are made by an operator.
- Add 15% of administration fee if industrial user.
Booking Terms :
- For external users, please, take contact with Gwenaël Chamoulaud.
- For internal users, every users need to follow a formation with Gwenaël Chamoulaud before use this facility. To make online reservation, click on the link in table below, then click on the day you want to make the booking. A more detailed schedule of the day will appear. You will then be able to book the time that suits to you.
- To book this equipment from this page, click here.