A Research Center on Nanomaterials and Energy
Site : Advanced characterizations component (Room PK-2375)Contact : Gwenaël Chamoulaud or Galyna Shul.
|FTIR-ATR spectrometer (FTIR-ATR)|
Instrument description :Infrared spectrophotometry is a useful analytical technique to determine the strutural identification or confirmation of known and unknown product. An infrared spectrum allows to easily detect the presence of certain functional groups, and can serve as a "spectroscopic identification card" for a molecule or a material.
The Smart iTR is an ATR (Attenuated Total Reflectance Single Logic) accessory. The idea is to put into contact a crystal (diamond or ZnSe) with the sample to analyse. The IR beam propagates into the crystal; if the refractive index of the crystal is higher than for the sample, then the beam undergoes total reflections beyond a certain angle of incidence at the sample/crystal interface with the exception of one wave, called the evanescent wave that emerges from the crystal and is absorbed by the sample. This evanescent wave is responsible for the observed IR spectrum. The penetration depth is about 1 to 2 microns which provides an information of the surface. This is particularly interesting for the analysis of pure samples (without dilution into a KBr matrix) because the risk of saturating the peaks is very low. In addition, at low energies, the resolution is generally better than for a "classic" transmission spectrum. The ATR is a highly reproducible technique that is particularly well sized for quantitative analysis and is particularly suitable for the analysis of pure powders and especially of liquids, pastes and films. It is possible to perform measurements by applying a controlled pressure.Equipment Model : Thermo Scientific, Nicolet 6700 / Smart iTRFTIR-ATR spectrometer (FTIR-ATR), Thermo Scientific, Nicolet 6700 / Smart iTR
Service fees :
|Device price setting|
|Academic rates||Industrial rates|
- Add 25$/h to fees is manipulation are made by an operator.
- Add 15% of administration fee if industrial user.
Booking Terms :
- For external users, please, take contact with Gwenaël Chamoulaud or Galyna Shul.
- For internal users, every users need to follow a formation with Gwenaël Chamoulaud or Galyna Shul before use this facility. To make online reservation, click on the link in table below, then click on the day you want to make the booking. A more detailed schedule of the day will appear. You will then be able to book the time that suits to you.
- To book this equipment from this page, click here.