A Research Center on Nanomaterials and Energy
Site : Advanced characterizations component (Room CB-2480)Contact : Gwenaël Chamoulaud.
|Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Nanobalance (EQCM)|
Instrument description :The QCA922, an instrument developed for piezoelectric gravimetry in the ng-μg regions, monitors both the resonant frequency and resonant resistance of a Pt, Au or C coated AT-cut quartz crystal. The resonant frequency changes with the effective surface mass on the crystal, and the resonant resistance changes with the viscosity of the material interfacing with the surface of the quartz crystal. Capable of covering a wide range of applications, the QCA922 was developed primarily for applications where it is used in conjunction with a potentiostat/galvanostat as an Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance (EQCM).
With the addition of a potentiostat/galvanostat, the QCA922 system (with the Pt, Au or C coated resonator serving as the working electrode) can provide information on potential, current, charge, resonant frequency (mass), and resonant resistance (viscosity) simultaneously. This allows researchers to analyze electrochemical depositions, polymer films formation on electrodes, corrosion, adsorption and electrochemical reaction mechanisms. Other application areas include battery research, electroplating and biosensor development.Equipment Model : Princeton Applied Research, QCA922Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Nanobalance (EQCM), Princeton Applied Research, QCA922
Service fees :
|Device price setting|
|Academic rates||Industrial rates|
- Add 25$/h to fees is manipulation are made by an operator.
- Add 15% of administration fee if industrial user.
- The price of quartz crystals (Au, Pt or C) are not included in the fees.
Booking Terms :
- For external users, please, take contact with Gwenaël Chamoulaud.
- For internal users, every users need to follow a formation with Gwenaël Chamoulaud before use this facility. To make online reservation, click on the link in table below, then click on the day you want to make the booking. A more detailed schedule of the day will appear. You will then be able to book the time that suits to you.
- To book this equipment from this page, click here.